The Sphynx is a unique cat breed. Sphynx differ from other types of cats by the absence of hair. Such animals are chosen by representatives of the elite. On the territory of Russia, a Sphynx kitten can be taken for an amount of 70 to 1300 USD. Read on to know sphynx cat price and more info about it.
There are three types of sphinxes: Canadian , Don , St. Petersburg . The Canadian subspecies appeared about 60 years ago, the St. Petersburg subspecies about 20 years ago, the Don subspecies was registered in 1992. Each variety has its own distinctive features.
sphynx cat price: How much is the Canadian Sphynx
- Kittens as pets of the pet class, castrated, cost mainly from 120 to 200 USD.
- Pets of the breed class, intended for breeding, depending on color, pedigree, etc., are sold from 200 to 530 USD.
- Kittens for exhibitions of the show class will cost from 530 to 1300 USD.
The Canadian Sphynx is a popular domestic cat breed. These pets are sold in the worldwide, so they cost relatively little for this breed.
According to an advertisement in a newspaper or on an Internet resource, it is possible to find a sphinx for 40-70 USD. Of course, the titled parents of the Canadian Sphynx, coupled with the exact compliance with the standard, increase the cost.
Description of the standards of appearance of the Canadian Sphynxes:
- The weight of the cat varies between 3.5-5 kg.
- The head is long.
- The nose is straight.
- The neck is muscular, of medium length.
- The ears are large and erect.
- His eyes is wild, narrow at the edges, oblique, any color allowed.
- The body is medium in size, muscular, soft to the touch.
- Paws are of medium length, proportional and soft.
- The tail is flexible, tapering towards the end, long.
- There is a barely noticeable hairline up to 0.2 cm long.
- The skin is wrinkled and thick.
sphynx cat price: How much is the Don Sphynx
The catteries offer wonderful kittens that meet the standards of this breed. The cost for the Don Sphynx PRICE ranges from 120-400 USD.
Getting a bald kitten today is easy. In the USA there is a huge number of nurseries that qualify for the breeding of this breed. In turn, many are ready to deliver the animal to neighboring regions, and sometimes anywhere in the USA. Meanwhile, such a number of nurseries obliges the potential buyer to scrupulously approach the choice of the location of the purchase. First, you should read the reviews of the selected cattery.
Don Sphinx standards:
- Average weight – 3.5-7 kg.
- The head is long, with folds.
- Fangs protrude from under the upper lip.
- Thick vibrissae.
- The ears are wide and large, tilted forward.
- The eyes are almond-shaped, the eyelids are rolled up, any shade of the eyes is allowed.
- The body is muscular, medium in size, hot to the touch.
- Paws are medium in length, soft, proportional, the hind legs are longer than the front.
- the tail is long, tapering towards the end.
- The skin is folded, elastic, covered with down.
What does the price depend on?
The cost of a Sphynx kitten differs from breeders. The cost is formed under the influence of such factors:
- Breed type.
- Availability of documents.
- Titles of parents.
- Kudos to the breeder.
- Health status.
Depending on the level of purebredness, you can buy a Sphynx kitten:
- Pet-class (have significant deviations from the standard, suitable as pets).
- Show class (purebred individuals, ready for exhibitions).
- Breed class (have minor deviations from the standard, suitable for breeding).
Depending on the age, you can buy a kitten:
- 2 months.
- 3-4 months.
- Five months.
- Six months old.
Cats are sold by color:
At the place of purchase, purchase is
- By an ad in a newspaper or on the Internet.
- At the breeder.
- At the zoo market.
- In the nursery.
Approximate price list
In Russia, the cost of Sphynx kittens is approximately the following:
- Petersburg view – from 10,000 to 100,000 rubles .
- Canadian – 10,000-60,000 rubles .
- Donskoy – 10,000-80,000 rubles .
In nurseries, animals of this breed are sold at a price of 10,000 rubles . Some breeders, in view of the great competition, reduce the cost of kittens to 5,000 rubles . At the pet market or according to an ad, you can take a pet for 5,000-10,000 rubles .
Sphynx price depending on the level of purebred:
- Pet-class – 8,000-15,000 rubles .
- Breed class – 15,000-40,000 rubles .
- Show class – 40,000-100,000 rubles .
In this aspect, the Sphynx kitten will definitely please its owner. This cat is omnivorous, rarely spoiled. She will gladly eat the food offered by the owner. The reason for this behavior lies in the increased metabolism since there is no wool and there is a high temperature. In turn, when a kitten greedily grabs pieces of food, you do not need to think that he needs additional feeding. This is just a characteristic feature of the breed.
You do not need to put your pet on dry or canned food. Here the combination that provides the necessary vitamins plays a significant role. The main thing is that any food must be of high quality.
How many years does the sphinx live
The life expectancy of a Sphynx cat is practically no different from its fellow tribesmen. Much depends on the heredity and conditions of detention. On average, hairless cats live 13-15 years, but they can live 17 with quality care.