Wounds in pets are a fairly common occurrence, which is faced, perhaps, by every owner of the cat. Such damage occurs as a result of the careless behavior of a pet in everyday life, fights with its neighbors or relatives of the canine family. Naturally, much depends on the origin of are cats cleaner than dogs, cats vs dogs wounds: its size, the nature of damage to the skin, depth, and also the possibility of infection. The choice of tactics for the home remedies for cat wounds surfaces will depend on these factors, which will alleviate the suffering of the animal, prevent the development of purulent formations, and accelerate the healing of damaged tissues. Read the full article to know ” treating cat wounds naturally”.
treating cat wounds naturally
Types of cat wounds
When examining a pet, the following body injuries can be found:
- combs, shallow scratches, abrasions (most often found on the feet, on the back along the spine and in the ears);
- cuts (wound edges are even);
- bites (a slight tear of the skin of a rounded shape with tooth marks is clearly visible);
- lacerations (characterized by loose edges and often deep).
Any violation of the integrity of the skin is accompanied by blood loss of varying intensity:
- capillary bleeding characterized by weak seepage of small droplets of blood over the entire damaged surface (usually observed with a muzzle, slight scratches, abrasions);
- venous – dark blood flows in a thin uniform flow, without pulsations;
- arterial – a stream of blood usually beats with a pulsating fountain, its color is bright scarlet.
home remedies for cat wounds
The measures you can take at home mostly depend on your cat. Sometimes the only thing that can be done is to wrap the cat in a towel or place it in the carrier and take it directly to the veterinarian.
However, there are a few recommendations that can be followed if the cat allows you to. This is especially true if you cannot immediately get to the veterinarian.
If there is bleeding, apply direct pressure to the wound. You should cover The wound with sterile gauze or a clean cloth. It may take 5 to 10 minutes to stop the bleeding. Once this happens, fasten the dressing to the wound – removing it may cause repeated bleeding.
Check for other wounds. If there is no bleeding and a cut or scratch seems light, try to clean the wound.
Use an antiseptic solution or plain water and gauze or cloth (not cotton wool!) To gently clean the area around the wound, and a syringe or similar device to treat the surface of the wound with the solution. Chlorhexidine or miramistin used as antiseptic solutions. Do not use alcohol or hydrogen peroxide on wounds, as they can damage surrounding tissues.
If the cut is long or deep, or if there is a puncture wound, you can clean the edges as described, but do not treat the wound itself. Let the vet do it. Once you have done everything you can, take your cat to your veterinarian.
Features of care and the nature of feeding cats with wounds
A cat that has been diagnosed with a wound needs rest until all damage is healed. Such a pet is not recommended to be let out, and it is also necessary to protect him as much as possible from contact with other animals. An important place in the process of rehabilitation of a cat with a wound is feeding. It should be balanced and aimed at combating the infection:
- You should remove irritating foods from the cat’s diet: Smoked meats, sausages, sweets;
- it is necessary to increase the number of vegetables that contain vitamins and minerals necessary for stimulating the immune system;
- In addition, synthetic vitamin complexes prescribed by the veterinarian you can give it to the sick cat.
I hope you have found it benificial”treating cat wounds naturally”